Winter weather is generally bad for driving on local roads and freeways. January and February are the coldest months of the year. It is important to pay attention to the following:
Check the weather conditions before you venture out. Icy roads cause numerous accidents during this time of the year.
Also pay attention to the road conditions. Allow adequate space between the car in front of you. Slow down and stay in your lane. Also watch out for pot holes and pay attention while driving over bridges as it may be icy.
Every winter, bad road conditions cause numerous accidents. Safe and defensive driving techniques are required to protect yourself and your vehicle.
It is important to get your car checkout for the following:
1. Make sure that the windshield wipers are in good condition. Check windshield washer fluid level
2. If your car battery is over 3 years then have it checked.
3. Check your tires for wear and tear.
3. Check air pressure on all the tires.
4. Gas tank should be at least half full.
Always dress warm when you leave home. Leave a blanket in the car in case you get stranded.
Do not get distracted by your phone.
Get free car inspection at: