This is a healthy side dish with very little oil that can be eaten with rice, dosa or chapathi.
- Channa dhal– 1cup
- Chow Chow – 1 Cut into bit size pieces
- Green chilis – 4
- Coconut – 1 cup
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 2 garlic cloves
- Ginger – Small piece
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil for thadaka
- 1 dry red chilli
- Some mustard seeds
- Coconut paste- Grind coconut, turmeric, green chilis, Cumin, garlic, few curry leaves and ginger to a fine paste and set aside
- Cut wash and boil Chow Chow and set aside
- Cook Channa dhal and set aside
- In a pan heat oil, once hot add mustard seeds, red chilli and curry leaves.
- To that add the cooked Chow Chow, Channa dhal and Coconut paste.
- Add salt taste, mix well, boil for 5 minutes.
- You can substitute Moong dhal for Channa dhal, it will have a slightly different taste but very good.